WHO ARE WE?
The Lamar Girl's Soccer Program is in Houston, TX, and we compete in Region 3 - District 18 - 6A. We strive to develop our personal character on our journey to be the best versions of ourselves. The program is based on hard work, dedication, teamwork, and competition on and off the field.
What our players have to say...
"I loved being able to push myself everyday to get a little bit better."
- Karina Flores (class of 2019)
"I'll miss all the laughs I've had with my teammates."
- Annette Clarke (class of 2019)
"The last 4 years have been great because of playing soccer at Lamar."
- Allison Vasquez (class of 2019)
“These past 4 years at Lamar have been memorable, especially when it comes to soccer. I have built a great relationship with the girls on the team."
- Dezarreh Mendoza (class of 2018)
“The cliché term, your team is your family, has never been truer than it is for this team. This supportive group of girls has never failed to make me happy. I’ll miss them the most and won’t ever forget them. "
- Celia Sampaio (class of 2018)
“Playing soccer at Lamar has taught me that if I set goals and work hard I can get there. The team improved my athletic abilities, and my confidence. "
- Kayleigh Latimer (class 2018)
“The best part about Lamar soccer is being around the team.”
- Kaylynn Guevara (class of 2017)
“The best part about playing at Lamar is the bond we built as a team. Regardless, if we won or lost we always supported each other.”
- Jenny Pecero (class of 2017)
“Being around the girls on the team made this year worthwhile.”
- Maryuri Santos (class of 2017)
“I love playing soccer at Lamar because being on the team gives me a sense of pride in my school and Lamar’s community. I will miss my teammates the most, as they never fail to make me laugh.”
- Samantha Myers (class of 2017)
" My favorite part of Lamar soccer was singing music with the girls on the bus rides to game."
- Christina Whitehouse (class of 2016)
"I love the team dinners the night before big games."
- Claire Marvin (class of 2016)
"I learned a lot of valuable lessons that will help me in life by being on the team."
- Yesenia Sanchez (class of 2019)
"It was great to develop relationships with girls that have the same passion as I do."
- Ariana Hernandez (class of 2019)
"I've met some of my closest friends through soccer."
- Chelsea Rivas (class of 2019)
"Playing soccer at Lamar improved my confidence."
- Maritza Jardon (class of 2019)
“Playing soccer at Lamar has meant everything to me. I’ve grown socially and emotionally. It has helped me grow into a woman and given me a second family.
- Lily Yu (class of 2018)
"We are all individually great, but as a team we accomplished much more. I can’t wait to witness what the program will accomplish in the future."
- Jai lyn Tran (class of 2018)
"The team has been the best team I have played with and couldn’t ask for a better one to end my time at Lamar.”
- Kalynn Stagg (class of 2018)
“The best part about playing soccer at Lamar is the bond you build with your teammates. Playing soccer at Lamar has created some of the best memories of my high school years.”
- Alexa Vaglienty (class of 2017)
“The best part about Lamar soccer is getting to play with some of my closest friends.”
- Jillian Thomas (class of 2017)
“I will miss my friends and Goolsbee the most.”
- Tristan Cartmell (class of 2017)
“I loved playing soccer at Lamar because of the team. Everyone has so much fun and we are so close. It’s like a second family.”
- Madison Corbut (class of 2017)
“I enjoyed playing soccer with my friends on the team."
- Natalie Knox (class of 2017)
"My favorite moments of playing for Lamar were scoring goals and giving assists, but every moment with the team was special."
- Whitney Clark (class of 2016)